You can now donate online to our PayPal account.
By clicking on the Donate button below you will be redirected to our PayPal page.
Congratulations to our UPSSF scholars!
Garino, Winston Luces of Jamindan, Capiz – B.A. Political Science
Militante, Kriza Marie Dequito of Arevalo, Iloilo City – B.S. in Public Health
Munoz, Polleana Mary Nanas of Hinigaran Negros Occidental – B.A. CMS
Run UP 4
What: UP Iloilo Alumni & Faculty Homecoming Run 2014 (3K, 5K, 10K, and 21K race categories.)
When: July 19, 2014
Where: SM City, Iloilo
We sincerely thank all the donors for your support! This also goes out to the volunteers and the different local organizations we have been coordinating with (Panay Center for Disaster Relief, The UP Silak Brotherhood and UP Silab Sisterhood, and the LGUs). Typhoon Haiyan victims in Tacloban City (Leyte) and Roxas City (Capiz), were the recipients of your kindness and generosity.
Plans are already underway to help out the victims in the Province of Antique as they start to rebuild their houses and their lives.
Thank you very much! Salamat gid!
From T-Mobile’s website:
T-Mobile customers who may already be in the Philippines or are arriving to assist with relief efforts will have roaming fees waived when sending text messages or placing calls from the Philippines between November 8 and November 30.
To donate online click on the donate button below:
You can also send a check to:
P.O. Box 5822
Evanston, IL 60204
Here’s a quick link to the Donor’s List
This is an update from the National Disaster Risk Reduction And Management Council (NDRRMC) as of 6:00 AM, 12 November 2013.
- Casualties- 1,774 individuals were reported dead, 2,487 injured and 82 are missing
- Affected Population- a total of 1,387,446 families/6,937,229 persons were affected in 7,488 barangays in 39 provinces of Regions IV-A, IV-B, V, VI, VII, VIII, X, XI, and CARAGA
- Damaged Houses- 41,176 houses (21,230 totally/ 19,946 partially)
- Status of Roads and Bridges- three(3) roads in Regions VI and VIII remain impassable
- Status of Ports and Airports- four(4) airports namely Busuanga, Roxas, Kalibo, and Tacloban remain non-operational
- Cost of Damages- a total of PhP 461,199,523.48 worth of damages to infrastructure (PhP 87,997,500.00) and agriculture (PhP 373,202,023.48) was reported in Regions IV-B, V, VI, and CARAGA
- Power outage is still being experienced in some provinces and municipalities in Regions IV-A, IV-B, V, VI, VII, VIII, and CARAGA
- Presidential Proclamation No. 682 dated 11 November 2013, Declaring A State of National Calamity in Samar Provinces, Leyte, Cebu, Iloilo, Capiz, Aklan and Palawan
Government to match Canadians’ donations to Typhoon Haiyan relief | CTV News.
Thanks to generous donors from Canada- Marie Chris Rosali, Doreen Cortez, Marie Cherry Rosali, Eric Paradis, Trina Sajo, Marie Chelo Rosali, and Dennis Aldon. The UPSSF may not be a registered Canadian Charity and yet you’ve responded to the crisis in the country. We appreciate your benevolent hearts.